Trucks often weight 20 to 30 times more than a passenger vehicle and when accidents happen, it can result in severe consequences. Frequently, it is the occupants of the passenger vehicle struck by the big rig who are injured or killed. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety estimates that 4,602 people died in truck collisions in 2007 and that 70% of those people who died were the occupants of cars and other passenger vehicles. 
Large trucking companies have their own team of investigators, adjusters and attorneys fighting for them. When truck collisions occur, the trucking company involved in the accident often sends investigators and/or attorneys to the accident scene in an attempt to limit or mitigate their company’s liability.
Why Hire the Mortlock Law Group?
It’s important to have San Diego Truck Accident Lawyer who is knowledgeable in truck accidents. There are different issues and considerations when investigating and pursing a truck accident claim. These considerations include:
- Inspecting Police Reports for accuracy.
- Performing or retaining experts to perform a site inspection, including measurements of skid marks, impact points and roadway dimensions.
- Investigating pre-trip reports and verifying regulation compliance.
- Obtaining and evaluating logbooks and global positioning (GPS) data
- Analyzing the black box or engine control module to determine the driver’s action immediately preceding the accident.
At the Mortlock Legal Group, our North County San Diego Truck Accident Attorneys have years of experience dealing with trucking accidents and know the complicated trucking laws and associated legal issues and will work hard to obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
The North County San Diego Trucking Accident Law Firm of the Mortlock Law Group takes trucking accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not have to pay any money up front and nothing if we do not win your case. For a free consultation, please contact the Mortlock Law Group today.