TEL: (760) 930-0546 | FAX: (760) 301-5321

Seal & Destroy Record

Can my juvenile record be sealed and destroyed?

If your child has been adjudicated a ward of the court and is on probation, or has been ordered to court on a criminal case, it is important to keep your child’s record as clean as possible. Many opportunities can be lost if you do not take affirmative steps in clearing the record. Your child could be denied acceptance into college or a job.

California has laws that allow you to seal the record. You have the right to petition the Juvenile Court to seal your juvenile record and records in the custody of other agencies, including law enforcement agencies and public officials, after one of the following occur:

  • Five years or more after the jurisdiction of the juvenile court has terminated.
  • Five years or more after you were cited to appear or were taken before a probation officer or any officer of a law enforcement agency where no petition was filed in the Juvenile Court.
  • At any time after you reach the age of 18.

Why Hire the Mortlock Law Group?

If you or your child is interested in sealing and destroying your arrested record, it is important to retain a San Diego juvenile lawyer who knows the juvenile justice system.  The North County San Diego juvenile attorneys of Mortlock Law Group have successfully obtained the sealing and destruction of many juvenile records.  Please feel free to contact the Mortlock Law Group for a free consultation.

Free Case Evaluation

Fill out the form below if you have any questions or think that you might have a case.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Search Our Site

From the Blog